To get started you need minimum Adobe Experience Manager 6+, there are you two ways you can setup your environment and start experimenting:-
1. Install as a Package
- Download the built package: com.adobe.granite.sightly.repl-1.0.2.zip.
- On your running AEM instance, go to Package Manager, click on Upload Package, browse to the previously downloaded package, and hit OK.
- Install the package com.adobe.granite.sightly.repl-1.0.2.zip. Don’t mind the missing dependencies, simply click the Install button and confirm.
2. Maven Method
- Checked-out https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-sightly-repl repository with Git clone.
- Build and install it with following command line instruction:
mvn clean install content-package:install
Once any of the above steps are performed for installation, go to the following URL on AEM instance localhost:4502/content/repl.html
Sightly Read Eval Print Loop (REPL) will give you three options:-
- Source :- Shows the generated HTML Structure of webpage
- View :- Output of webpage can be seen here, this is the same which you will see in your browser
- Java :- Complied sightly Java class
It’s a great environment for people who are willing to get hands on Sightly and want to gain some experience in it.